SLD is designed to increase the home comfort by effectively regulating the distribution of conditioned air among the air distribution system.
Due to its unique design, the Self Locking Volume Damper can be re-oriented to any position, without the need of the wing nut. It can be set to deliver 100% of the designed heating or cooling cfm, hence it will not only eliminate Hot and Cold Spots in the home but will also reduce the utility bills.
The other advantage is that the home owner can himself perform the seasonal air balancing. During the initial Air Balancing by the Technician, the Winter and Summer Volume Damper positions will be marked on each boot. By having these references the home owner can perform the seasonal air balancing.
It is designed in such a way that during air balancing, it can be adjusted to any position, without the access of the wing nut. With this damper, 100% of the designed CFM can be achieved. It will not only eliminate / reduce Hot and Cold Spots in the home but will also help in reducing the utility bills.
SLD (Self Locking Damper) Assembly
Damper sub assy. Used for SLD
Advantages of Self Locking Damper
- It can be set to any position hence can deliver 100% of the design air flow.
- Access to wing nut is not required.
- Hot and cold spots will be eliminated.
- Due to its unique design neither it will become loose nor will rattle.
- Will reduce utility bills.
- Home owner can perform the seasonal air balancing.
- The lost balancing position during duct cleaning can be retrieved due to seasonal balancing markings on the boot.